Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall Color (day 2)

Was looking forward to spending one whole day in the east side. Woke up around 6am to a fairly cold morning and headed off to get some fresh coffee at the Chevron in Lee Vining. Mono Lake was looking fairly interesting so I took the 3 mile dirt drive down to the Large Tufa gathering.

Before I could reach the water's edge I took some picks of the sun peaking over. From there I headed over to the June Lake loop hoping for some good morning light on the aspen. Was not disappointed in the show.

This was a area that years past our family would go to for fishing trips. We were never disappointed when fishing there. It was where my kids first learned to fish from a boat and where my daughter caught her first fish. Seeing folks out on the lakes made me want to join them.

Had a nice talk with the marina owner at June Lake and found out we both went to the Art Center. He retired having had a very successful career in television advertising.


 With daylight burning I decided to make one last drive along the lakes and head over to Virgina Creek which I heard was ablaze with color.It was.  Drove to the lake behind the creek but all the aspen had lost their leaves. However the scene along 395 was packed with cars and cameras. Quite beautiful!

From there I had enough daylight left to go check out Lundy Canyon. Amazing place which I'll cover on day 3 of my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment