Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day in the Park part 2

Last part of the day found us hiking up Sentinel Dome with the sun going down.  I have to admit I wasn't all that excited about this idea because I was already dog tired. I could feel my heart beating in my brain as I trudged this old out of shape body up the trail.

Fortunately there's a lot of beautiful scenery to stop an admire on the way to the top.



The trees were catching some beautiful gold light. In the top pic you can see North Dome and Basket Dome in the distance.

This poor twisted tree seemed to be unraveling. It was a nice spot to take a little breather and enjoy the light.

My comrades were already at the top by this time but that was OK because I was loving the light where I was.

As I start the ascent up the granite dome I got a glimpse of these beautiful flowers just catching the last rays of sun. They were back lit and glowing.  No wonder they are called Mountain's Pride.


How these beautiful flowers and trees can grow in the cracks of the granite is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment