Friday, February 3, 2012

Pastel Portrait of Kori

Patel of Kori Feb 2, 2012
Portrait Friday at the Gertrude School House in Ahwahnee.  This was a fun challenge because Kori has very light skin and the white gown was reflecting back on her, giving that wonderful reflective. I still seem to be having trouble getting the results I want. If I could only channel John Singer Sargent.

I almost didn't go today because I have a challenging little painting of the Rte 49 Mariposa pond almost done. But when I saw it was going to be Kori, well, who can miss a chance to paint such beauty.Two gorgeous models in a row. From the beautiful olive skinned beauty Cheyenne to creamy skinned Kori. Not that I don't love painting great weathered faces. It's all good.

Speaking or classic weathered faces. We just lost another one of our great models to cancer. John Erhart had that classic look that inspired us all to do better. We'll miss you John. Thanks for entertaining us with your guitar and being the kind of pleasant soul we all could aspire to be.

11 x 14 Acrylic of  John Erhart

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Terry,
    Great to see your work here. Now that I know you've got a blog, I'll be checking in from time to time. I'm a big fan of your work, and I appreciate being able to check it out on-line.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogs are a great way to see what our fellow artists we admire are doing. Was happy to find yours. Thus begins the artist's mutual admiration society.

    I've got a list on my right of some inspiring blogs I've discovered on the right. Check 'em out when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete